Nebraska Organ Recovery to “Celebrate the Gift” with Holiday Open Houses in Honor of Organ & Tissue
Nebraska Organ Recovery, along with partner hospitals throughout Nebraska, will celebrate Nebraska’s organ and tissue donors during five open houses this holiday season.
“The holiday season can be such a difficult time for families who have lost a loved one,” said Heather Hamilton, Family Support Manager at Nebraska Organ Recovery. “We want to honor the gifts these donors have given, and make sure their family and friends know that they are not alone in their grief.”
Donor family members, friends, caregivers, recipients and anyone touched by donation are invited to attend the open houses which will take place at five Nebraska hospitals. Guests will have the opportunity to decorate an ornament which will be placed on a special donor remembrance tree. Refreshments will also be served.
Those interested in attending are encouraged to choose the date and location most convenient for them:
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 6-7:30 p.m.: Bryan Health (West Campus) – Lincoln
- Monday, Dec. 5, 6-7:30 p.m.: CHI Health St. Francis – Grand Island
- Wednesday, Dec. 7, 6-7:30 p.m.: Nebraska Medicine – Omaha
- Thursday, Dec. 8, 6-7:30 p.m.: CHI Health Good Samaritan – Kearney
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 6-7:30 p.m.: Great Plains Health – North Platte
If you have any questions about this event, please email us or call 402-733-1800.
We currently do not have any upcoming events. Please check back soon!