Project Thank You: Say Thanks for the Gift of Life
Every year, millions of Americans benefit from the gift of organ, tissue, and eye donation. If your life has changed because of donation, we need your help to show appreciation to the families of donors.
Grab your phone or other recording device and record a brief (30 seconds or less) video saying thanks for the gift of life you or your loved one received. Here's what you do:
- Introduce yourself and specify the gift given to you or your loved one. For example: "My name is ______________________. I (or my son, sister, father, etc.) received a ___________________ transplant."
- Say “thank you.” (Just say the words “thank you,” leaving a pause before you move on.)
- Tell us how you’ve benefitted from donation. For example: "Donation has allowed me to ______________________." or "My new (organ or tissue transplanted) has given me ______________________."
When you're done recording, post the video to YouTube or Vimeo and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. By sending the video to Nebraska Organ Recovery, you agree that your video can be used by Nebraska Organ Recovery for the purpose promoting our mission, which includes sharing it on social media and other media outlets.
Please submit your video by May 29, 2017.
- If you're recording from your phone, hold your phone horizontally, not vertically.
- Keep the video brief (30 seconds or less.)
- Feel free to include other family members or friends or use photos or objects to illustrate how you've benefitted from donation.
Questions? Need Help?
If you have any questions or need help posting your video, email us or call 402-281-4738.
Posted: May 3, 2017
Back to News & Events